Wednesday, July 8, 2009

On the bench

I thought it was time to take a break from rings. I have been making so many lately and spending so much time perfecting the riveted rings.
Today I worked on some "clasps" (for want of a better word) to continue a series of crocheted necklaces. The clasps are always so simple in my mind but, in the process of fabrication, tend to increase in technical complexity. Hooray for reality! I am anxious to finish out the first clasp for a garnet necklace and am sorely tempted to stay up all night. However, I walked out to my studio space a moment ago and realized that the temperature is approaching broiler; I beat a hasty retreat back to the computer. Tomorrow is another day (and 6 a.m. arrives all too soon). It has been a good day and now it is time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment